9

I am just one, I can't make a difference

Hey ...

I am sure, most of you have heard of  this famous statement "I can't do anything alone" or "I can't change everything alone". Well this is not just a statement its an attitude. This could come either from frustration or laziness. Well I am writing this post because, from month or so, I am arguing too much with lot of people about our country, education system, politics etc. You know, when you argue on these topics, the opponent has only one statement to say " Hello, I am just one person, How much I can change this?"; and power of this statement is I don't have answer for this.

I just want to say one thing here, I know, you know and whole world knows You alone can't change anything. But you can do some good things or support good behavior. Who knows someone could be inspired my the way of life you are living.

Recently I was arguing with my friend on "Bribe"(Very hot topic, isn't it?). talk went on and on... He asked me, OK, I bribe, am I criminal? . I said, "Yes of course, you are!!" but I am not a cop to punish you. All I say is, whatever you did till now its OK, from now try not to bribe. You feel good about it. Today, your are one, tomorrow your friends could follow you and later their friends. He answered in a completely different way, actually I was shocked. Viji, listen, why should I give more money for govt? What is it doing to me? At least if I bribe that individual will be happy.etc. And argument went on.. Finally he said what I expected. "OK, even if I leave all these bad practice and start new thing, I am just one, what change I can make?"... I stopped my argument and return to resumed work.

With this post I just wanted to say, If you follow good practice in life, someone will follow it. If you think no one is following you, it doesn't matter, you are doing good things in life... you should feel good about it.



At this moment, I would like to thank all my friends and colleagues who listen to me and following good things in life. I also insist you to tell your friends about it.



9 comments:

Saji said...

I always feel wish I myself could change the entire world specially when it comes to Indian politics ....
Well written....Keep going

Priya Chilamkurthi said...

true VJ.. simply written.. you should not have left him going back to work.. he can never understand this now.. :)

Priya Chilamkurthi said...

yayy!! i could finally post a comment in ur blog.. tried from a different lappy n it worked :)

Deepika said...

Perfect!!:) The urge to pen down these thoughts clearly show how strong your opinions are!:) Way, way better than the previous ones..Keep up the good work!:) Proud of you!:)

Vijendra Lakshmana Rao said...

@Saji - Thanks for your input. Most frustrating system here is Politics and Bribe.

@Pria - As i told you, I was arguing with these people for a month. Same topics again and again. Finally I gave up. There is a say in Kannada. "Don't try to win a stupid, you never happen". So i let it go!
And I am so glad you are able to comment now.

@Deepika - Thanks a ton!!

Abhishek said...

sooper like maga !! my personal favourite from all your blogs so far !! I cannot agree more with you !! but there are a few small things we can do that'll make a huge difference like not littering public places, refusing to pay auto-drivers if they demand more than advertised,following traffic rules and signals, saying no to bribes and treating people with respect etc... best way to accomplish this would be to lead by example and inspire others... After living in a country like US, its nothing but natural to see how bad it is back home, but look at the brighter side, it also tells you how much more we can do to be better !! We can "bring a change" by "being the change" :)

Rachana said...

Good one. I think the biggest change one can bring is by influencing some one in a right way. Hope your posts will do that as this. Keep up the good work . ATB

Vijendra Lakshmana Rao said...

@Abhi - Maga, i am actually doing it... Its so frustrating but still i am doing it. I will tell each and everyone on the road not to split and tell auto driver if their vehicle is too smoky... But what to do EOD, you get only frustration...

@Rachana - Thanks a lot!!

Unknown said...

I completely agree to the statement that 'Be the change you want to see in the society'.Its an Herculean task to try to change each and every person around you.This is because nobody is in a position to listen to you.Everyone are absorbed in their juggling task for daily routine to earn money for their life and well being, be it an auto driver, a software engineer or coolie in railway station.How many people can you talk to?As Viji said you'll end up with frustration for the day.

So I feel the switch to bring a change is in the younger world.The kids should be nurtured with these values(environment cleanliness,ethics etc etc) right in the School and at home.May be another 5 decades down the line we can see a better India.

Post a Comment

Labels

Back to Top