2

Super Speciality Hospitals - Are they misleading the Doctors they hire?

Hey ppl,

How are you ? Today i am here to share my latest  doctor visit experience here in Bangalore.

Bangalore is a great city and very famous for its weather. Bangalore weather is ways awesome but its unpredictable and its been too cold these days. I usually use my bike to go to office. Riding the bike in the cold, sudden change in the weather and  I got sick.  I was feeling uncomfortable last thursday (21 Jan 2011) and I knew that i am going to get Fever. As expected i got fever on Thursday night. My health was not bad on friday morning so that i can skip my work, but it started becoming worst after when i was working at my office. So decided to take 'Off' and visit the doctor.

I told my manager about my health and directly headed to hospital (One of the Famous). I met this doctor who was in mid age(I guess some 10 years exp),  relaxing at his office (no patients). When I entered his office,

Me - Hi Doctor, I am Vijendra. How are you?
Dr. - Hi Vijendra. Whats your problem? (What else can you expect from a doctor).
Me- Hey i am sick, I am not feeling so good.

The conversation went on… He asked me some unnecessary questions like, do you live with friends? Do you work? Do you have insurance? etc. I told him, I stay with my parent, work in bangalore and I am insured. When i was describing my symptoms, i told him that "i am having throat pain". He took a look at it and he said

Dr. - Hey Vijendra you are having some serious problem. You may need to get admitted to hospital immediately. 
Me - What?? What happened to me? 
Dr. - You are having some infection in your throat which may lead to Pneumonia (I don't know how they are related)
Me - Really? But i am having this pain from morning. 
Dr. - See you have to trust me, call your mom or dad, tell them to come here. You join now.

I tell you guys it was like someone forcing you to go to movie. After a minute pause, i answered him

Me - Doctor, do you have any Targets? I mean financially ?
Dr. - What? Enu heltha idira? (What are you taking?)
Me - Ade sir, immediate agi admit agu antha idiralla adakke kelide.. (You asked me to admin immediately, so i am guessing something is wrong)

The fight went on and on. Finally I left hospital with some dugs which the doctor prescribed me to take for a day (He was expecting me to get admitted next day). I didn't take the medication he prescribed, instead i took "Crosin" and I felt really good by morning.

This happened with me, I am fine since i did some google after i am back home and found nothing wrong with me. What about the uneducated people who come to these hospitals, these people will little rob them.

I am still thing about the solution for it, what we can do to stop all this crap, is these some awareness we can bring among the general public?

Feel free to comment.

Yours,
Vijendra

2 comments:

Abhishek said...

dont worry maga, common man is much more pennywise than an IT guy !!! blame it on our beliefs or superstitous medical practices, common man avoids seeing the doctor till he has no other option left :) On a more serious note, you should always get a second opinion from another doctor :)

Ravikanth M R said...

Dont tel that you are SW engineer...

Post a Comment

Labels

Back to Top